What is the Neumann Society?
The Neumann Society was first established on February 6, 2011, named after First Presbyterian Church’s late Emeritus Pastor, Rev. Dr. Richard E. Neumann, who believed that giving is not just an expression of faith, but is required for its continued growth.
Members of the Neumann Society take the time to remember the church in their will through planned giving. Visionaries who had the foresight to ‘invest’ a portion of their wealth today, in order to provide a faith legacy for future generations. Undesignated gifts feed our Sustaining Fund which is managed to generate an annuity that supports our evolving ministries. Designated gifts are also welcome and have supported dozens of specific ministries including:
- Education: more than $100,000 scholarships are awarded annually to deserving students.
- Youth Ministry: The Harbor at the Hoch Youth Center, which opened in 2013.
- Contemporary Worship: our contemporary service was funded by a generous gift designated just for that purpose.
Become a Member of the Neumann Society
As a member of the Neumann Society, your thoughtful planning means financially stretched families will have support and their children will know the word of God. It means the church will have the means to act on our mission. We have several options available to help you structure your gift including:
- Choose to give a certain amount or a percent of your estate.
- Create a charitable gift annuity that will provide you with lifetime income, provide a tax benefit and leave a gift to the church.
- Establish a new endowment through the Presbyterian Foundation.
- Provide an unrestricted gift that will be placed in the Sustaining Fund, enabling the church to enhance ministries and properties beyond what is possible through annual operating funds.
- Give a designated gift to the First Presbyterian endowment fund specifically for The Youth Minister position.
- Augment an existing fund for a specific purpose or ministry.
There are other ways to support First Presbyterian Church in your estate plan:
- Life insurance policies
- Charitable gift annuities
- Other retirement plans
Using one or more of these alternatives can help reduce your estate tax liability. Should you be interested in more information, we are available to discuss how you can create your legacy with First Presbyterian Church of Fort Lauderdale. To learn more about the Neumann Society click here or contact Church Administrator, Steve Wofford at (954) 598-9333. Confidentiality and anonymity will be honored at your request.