Church leadership is a calling to servant-based ministries. The Congregational Nominating Committee (CNC) is tasked to discern who in our congregation are specifically gifted and graced to serve in various positions of ordained leadership.
Our church seeks members of the congregation for Elders, Deacons, and the Congregational Nominating Committee (CNC). You may nominate yourself or another church member to serve as an Elder, Deacon, or CNC member, keeping the following criteria in mind:
- LEAD people to Jesus Christ,
- LEARN about our faith,
- LIVE a Christ-centered life,
- LOVE our neighbor through ministries of service and compassion.
- Attend church regularly.
- Demonstrate a servant’s heart.
- Invite and welcome others into our church family.
- Commit to financial stewardship.
ELDERS: MEMBERS OF THE SESSION (GOVERNING BODY OF THE CHURCH)
- Serve for a three-year term.
- Oversee the spiritual life, policy decisions, property management, and finances.
- Function as the congregational authority on church matters.
- Participate on committees of the Presbytery of Tropical Florida.
Eight Elders for 2022-2024 are needed to serve these Ministries:
Finance (2) Membership (1) Mission (1) Personnel (1) Spiritual Formation (1) Worship & Music (1) Congregational Nominating Committee (1)
DEACONS: MEMBERS OF THE BOARD OF DEACONS
- Serve for a three-year term.
- Pray directly with and for others.
- Give compassionate care to members with immediate or more long-term needs.
- Help with funerals and memorials.
- Deliver homemade soup, flowers, and cards.
- Serve communion to those unable to attend services.
- Sponsor support groups.
10-12 Deacons for 2022-2024 are needed.
THE CONGREGATIONAL NOMINATING COMMITTEE MEMBERS (CNC)
- Serve for a one-year term.
- Seek nominations from the congregation.
- Propose the slate of officers to be voted on by the congregation at a called meeting in the fall.
Five CNC members for 2022 are needed.
OPEN POSITIONS FOR CANDIDATES:
ELDERS – 8 Positions Available
- 1 for Spiritual Formation Ministry. Click here for a description of the Spiritual Formation Ministry.
- 1 for Congregational Nominating Committee. Click here for more information on the Congregational Nominating Committee.
- 2 for Finance Ministry. Click here for a description of the Finance Ministry.
- 1 for Membership Ministry. Click here for a description of the Membership Ministry.
- 1 for Mission Ministry. Click here for more information on the Mission Ministry.
- 1 for Personnel Ministry. Click here for more information on the Personnel Ministry.
- 1 for Worship & Music Ministry. Click here for a description of the Worship & Music Ministry.
DEACONS- 10-12 Positions Available
CONGREGATIONAL NOMINATING COMMITTEE – Members at Large – 5 Positions Available for a One-Year Term
Use the descriptions and information linked above as you talk to your friends about serving and as you listen for the call of the Holy Spirit.
NOMINATE A FELLOW CHURCH MEMBER
NOMINATIONS ARE DUE BY JUNE 1, 2021
New officers will be in the class of 2024 and will enjoy working with the members of the classes of 2022 and 2023.
A Big Thing To Know About The Presbyterian Church:
It isn’t a staff-run church…
Its run by people like you, with a staff to support you.
The democratic system of governance instituted long ago by the founders of the Presbyterian Church is the foundation of how we do things today.
Contact us for more information:
Congregational Nominating Committee
Cliff Steffen, Chair 954-540-6692 Cliff@SandySteffen.com