January 12, 2021 Update
In the last few weeks, Florida as well as our own Broward County, has continued to see increase in the Covid-19 positivity rate. With a two week consecutive rise above 10% positivity rate, we have reverted to Pre-Opening Phase, which will discontinue our in-person worship attendance. As disappointing this is to all of us, our team closely evaluated the following:
- In an attempt to be proactive, the team discussed various benchmarks for this kind of decision. As such, the team recommends the following:
- a. If there are two consecutive weeks with a 7-day rolling average of COVID-19 positivity rate above 10% in Broward County according to http://covidaction.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#//4915657158ed4991817d3703107563ba, First Presbyterian Church shall temporarily discontinue in-person ministries.
Or, in the alternative, if two of the following three criteria (b,c,d) are met, First Presbyterian Church shall temporarily discontinue in-person ministries:
- b. If there is a closure of hospital visitation in two of the following four primary Broward County hospitals: Broward Health System, Memorial Hospital System, Cleveland Clinic, and Holy Cross Hospital.
- c. If there is a recommendation by State or Local Government to close churches.
- d. If there is a recommendation by CDC to close churches.
In the event of any of the above we will revert to pre-phase.
2. Reopening, in the event of a closure, will move to reopen according to the previously approved recommendations. Specifically, two consecutive weeks for Broward County in all of the following:
- a. Downward trajectory of influenza-like illness (ILI)
- b. Downward trajectory of COVID-19-like illnesses (fever, cough, shortness of breath)
- c. Downward trajectory of documented COVID-19 cases OR Downward trajectory of positive tests as a percentage of total tests.